Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the Texas Workbook, where our goal is to document, catalog, and preserve Texas culinary history.

You can read more here: https://community.texasworkbook.com/...texas-workbook
See more
See less

Love Me Tenderloin Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Me Tenderloin Chili

Ingredients
    • 3 oz to 5 oz tenderloin, cut in small pieces
    • ½ lb. ground chuck, chili grind
    • ½ lb. ground chuck
    • 4-5 peeled Roma tomatoes
    • 3 Tbs tomato paste
    • ¼ red bell pepper, fine chopped
    • ¼ yellow or orange bell pepper, fine chopped
    • 1 tsp garlic, minced
    • 1 poblano pepper, roasted, skin and seeds removed
    • 1 small white onion, fine chop
    • 1 tsp each of Salt & Pepper
    • 1 tsp cumin
    • 1 ½ tsp chili powder
    • 1 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
    • ½ fresh jalapeno, remove seeds and fine chopped or minced.
    1. Roast or broil a fresh poblano pepper until skin is completely blackened and pepper softened. There are a few methods but I use metal tongs to hold and rotate the pepper directly over stove-top flame or I place on a cookie sheet with the rack as close to the top burner as possible on broil and rotate every few minutes. Once pepper is ready, immediately put it in airtight container or in bowl and cover tightly with foil or plastic wrap for 5-10 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, use paper towel or clean dish towel to remove the skin from the pepper. Slice and remove seeds and set aside.
    2. Chop ½ of the onion, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper and set aside.
    3. Brown all meats in large skillet over medium heat, about 8-10 minutes. Add salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and ancho chili powder.
    4. Add the chopped onion, bell peppers and garlic to browned meat. Stir well and reduce heat to medium-low or low.
    5. Put tomatoes, tomato paste, remaining ½ onion and poblano pepper in food processor and pulse until pepper and onions are very finely chopped and blended well with tomatoes. Add jalapeno pepper. Add to skillet, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
    6. Serve hot with cheese, sour cream and thinly sliced jalapeno rounds.
    Attached Files
Working...
X